In the habit of taking pictures of friends, family and trips with your cell phone? You might even be a ‘selfie’ nut. This is not your father’s camera! Always having a camera on hand can actually be a shortcut to many of our daily tasks. Check out some of these great uses for your cell phone camera. You’ll be able to say goodbye to paper and pen for awhile.
- Lists. Do you keep a running shopping list on the fridge, jotting items down to be replaced? Instead of taking that tiny slip to the grocery store on your next run, only to lose it, simply take a picture and you’ll have it on hand throughout your trek in the grocery store.
- Do you have all the latest organizational gadgets in addition to your cell phone? the phone can replace so many of these. If you’re working on a handyman project, simply take a photo of the project with a tape measure or ruler in the photo for sizing and you won’t need to jot this information down.
- Christmas Cards. Do you have stacks of Christmas cards you’ve received from years past? Simply take a photo of them, make an album labeling the year, and you can toss the cards and keep the photos forever.
- Household items. Do you have memorabilia or decorations that you’re no longer fond of but hold a special memory? Snap a picture, place it in an album label memorabilia and toss those dusty items for good! You can even make them last longer by sending them over to a store like Personal Creations and getting a custom print out.
- Sizing. Take a picture of dress, shirt, trouser and suit sizes for every member of the family, label the album accordingly and you’ll always have the correct sizes on hand when shopping.
Following these few tips will lighten your load and soon become habit. Take advantage of all the ways your cell phone can make you life easier and more organized!